Wood Crates for Damaged, Defective, or Recalled (D/D/R) Batteries
Our custom crates are tested to meet all requirements of DOT Title 49 CFR 173.185(f)
- Each battery must be placed in individual, non-metallic inner packaging that completely encloses the battery
- Inner packaging must be surrounded by cushioning material that is non-combustible, electrically non-conductive, and absorbent
- Outer packaging must meet the requirement of Packaging Group I - Wood Crate (4C1, 4C2, 4D, 4F) or Plywood (1D)
- For Large Batteries - Outer packaging must meet the requirement large rigid packaging - Plywood (50D)
- Outer packaging must be marked with "Damaged/defective lithium ion battery"